Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Lights Nail Art

I love seeing Christmas lights every year.  There are two streets near where I live that every house decorates.  I drive to both streets every year.  There is a neighborhood in the Houston area where almost the entire neighborhood decorates...it is absolutely amazing.  The neighborhood is called Prestonwood Forest, I used to go out there to see all of the beautiful lights and displaysIt is a bit of a drive from me now and since I am all alone I haven't been out there in a few years.  

I figured I would put some lights on my nails so I could see the lights any time I wanted to lol.  It is a very easy mani to do too.  Start off with a base coat and when that dries take either a liner brush with black polish or you can use what I did which is a squirt type of liner polish.  No brush was needed using it.  Anyways, draw a curvy or loopy line on your nails for the cord.  Let that dry and then grab all different colors to do the light bulbs.  Apply the colors either with the same type of squirt polish liner or you can use a liner brush or even a dotter.  Once that dries and your nails are really colorful put on a top coat.  I chose to add a glitter top coat and then a regular top coat to seal it.

The products I used are

Nail Tek II base coat/ridge filler
A black liner squirt bottle (no name brand)
LA Colors Art Deco Nail Art Lacquers in blue, red, orange, yellow, pink, purple, and white.
China Glaze Fairy Dust
Poshe Top Coat 
A short liner brush and nail polish remover to clean the brush between colors.

Here is a pic of the squirt bottle nail art polishes I use...I purchased them on Ebay really cheap.  They can be used as a squirt bottle for very thin lines or open it up and use the brush that is inside.  Taped to the bottom of the bottle is a really tiny really thin wire that is used to unclog the squirt part.  These come in creme colors and glitters.
 Here is a pic of LA Colors Art Deco Nail Art Lacquer which I purchased at Family Dollar.  These come in creme colors as well as shimmers and glitters.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment