Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dots n Stripes



This is my first go at laser striping.  I had bought some striping tape a while back thinking that I would use it directly as the nail art itself.  That didn't work out so well.  So I decided to use it like you would use tape in a mani.  I put on 2 coats of Nail Tek II Intensive Therapy as the base coat.  Then I started out with a base color of Nicole by OPI Gold Shoulder.  The color looks more silver or platinum instead of gold so I'm not sure where the name came from lol.  



I then added some blue dots to 2 nails on each hand using acrylic paint pens and I put some Poshe top coat on all of my nails and let it dry.  




I then put two strips of striping tape on the other nails one nail at a time and once I was happy with the placement I polished with NYC Skin Tight Denim which is a gorgeous deep blue and immediately ripped off the striping tape.  It is important to do this one nail at a time so that you can take the striping tape off as soon as the polish is used.  If you let it dry too much the lines won't be straight and there will be mistakes.  Not to say that there aren't any mistakes otherwise lol.  I had to redo one nail because it got messed up when I put top coat on too soon.  




Speaking of top coat, you need to let your nails dry for a short bit before you put the top coat on so that the lines will be set and not smear.  I used INM Out The Door on top of all of my nails once I was done with the designs.  Hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment